1. Ultrafast Colorimetric Humidity-Sensitive Polyelectrolyte Coating for Touchless Control. Li Yu, Haolan Xu, Tanya M. Monro, David G. Lancaster, Yi Xie, Hongbo Zeng, George Y. Chen,* and Xiaokong Liu*, Mater. Horiz., 2017, 4, 72-82. (Reported by MRS Bulletin) (Inside Cover)
2. Substrate-Independent, Transparent Oil-Repellent Coatings with Self-Healing and Persistent Easy-Sliding Oil Repellency. Li Yu, George Y. Chen, Haolan Xu, and Xiaokong Liu*, ACS Nano, 2016, 10, 1076−1085.
3. Cleaning of Oil Fouling with Water Enabled by Zwitterionic Polyelectrolyte Coatings: Overcoming the Imperative Challenge of Oil–Water Separation Membranes. Ke He, Haoran Duan, George Y. Chen, Xiaokong Liu*, Wensheng Yang, and Dayang Wang, ACS Nano, 2015, 9, 9188-9198. (Reported by C&EN)
4. Ion-Specific Oil Repellency of Polyelectrolyte Multilayers in Water: Molecular Insight into Charged Surface Hydrophilicity. Xiaokong Liu, Chuan Leng, Li Yu, Ke He, Lauren Joan Brown, Zhan Chen, Jinhan Cho, and Dayang Wang*, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2015, 54, 4851-4856.
5. Confined Flocculation of Ionic Pollutants by Poly(L-Dopa)-Based Polyelectrolyte Complexes in Hydrogel Beads for Three-Dimensional, Quantitative, Efficient Water Decontamination. Li Yu, Xiaokong Liu*, Weichang Yuan, Lauren Joan Brown, and Dayang Wang*, Langmuir, 2015, 31, 6351-6366.
6. Rapid Seeded Growth of Monodisperse, Quasi-Spherical, Citrate-Stabilized Gold Nanoparticles via H2O2 Reduction. Xiaokong Liu, Haolan Xu, Haibing Xia and Dayang Wang*, Langmuir, 2012, 28, 13720-13726.
7. Exponential Growth of Layer-by-Layer Assembled Coatings with Well-Dispersed Ultrafine Nanofillers: a Facile Route to Scratch-Resistant and Transparent Hybrid Coatings. Xiaokong Liu, Lu Zhou, Feng Liu, Mingyang Ji, Wenge Tang, Meijuan Pang, and Junqi Sun*, Journal of Materials Chemistry, 2010, 20, 7721-7727.
8. Fabrication of Lanthanide Phosphate Nanocrystals with Well-Controlled Morphologies by Layer-by-Layer Adsorption and Reaction Method at Room Temperature. Xiaokong Liu, Qifeng Wang, Zhongmin Gao and Junqi Sun*, Crystal Growth & Design, 2009, 9, 3707.
9. Polymeric Complexes as Building Blocks for Rapid Fabrication of Layer-by-Layer Assembled Multilayer Films and Their Application as Superhydrophobic Coatings. Xiaokong Liu, Boya Dai, Lu Zhou and Junqi Sun*, Journal of Materials Chemistry, 2009, 19, 497-504.
10. Layer-by-Layer-Assembled Multilayer Films of Polyelectrolyte-Stabilized Surfactant Micelles for the Incorporation of Noncharged Organic Dyes. Xiaokong Liu, Lu Zhou, Wei Geng and Junqi Sun*, Langmuir, 2008, 24, 12986-12989.